Saturday, April 13, 2013

a vintage recipe and pot holder

Happy Saturday! 
Just wanted to stop in to share a sweet vintage recipe and a pot holder I just finished! 
One of the vintage pot holder books I have has some tasty and interesting recipes that I thought would be fun to share with you. Each recipe has pot holders to go with them, and these sweet appliquéd fruit ones are so cute! The recipe is for "Iced Fruit Soup", which I have never heard of before, but sounds like the perfect treat for a warm spring or summer day!
Well, I just finished this shabby rose pot holder and adore how sweet it turned out! And, I just listed it in my shoppe! I am also happy to do custom orders, so if you would like this pretty pot holder in your favorite colors, just email me and I would love to customize one for you! 
Thank you all so much for your sweet comments on the pink rose and patchwork pot holders! ♥ I have a long list of crochet pot holders to try, so I hope you don't mind seeing them all! ;) I am off to work on a new quilt and embroidery project that I look forward to sharing with you next week!
Wishing you a lovely and crafty weekend! 



20 comments:

  1. Maybe fruit soup is what they used to call smoothies, sure sounds like one. Sweet potholder, once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep those pot holders coming! I love seeing them (and there are so many cute ones it's amazing.) That recipe/instruction book is the sweetest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,
    You sure make pretty potholders!They are just like the vintage ones! Cool!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. this pot holder is stunning!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW very impressed love your potholder looks just like the vintage ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so pretty, and authentic too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your potholder is so lovely, well done and please do keep sharing them! Love the idea of fruit soup too, it sounds quite nutritious and perfect for summer.
    Happy Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heather, I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress with all of the vintage potholder patterns you have. So far you've done a superb job of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work...once again! Love the recipe included with the potholder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh this pot holder is gorgeous. Love the colors you choose.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pot holder and the book are very sweet. (Your pot holders are always amazing!)
    xHaafner

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Heather! I love vintage potholders, too. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work is lovely! And such great graphics on the vintage recipe! chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats a beautiful potholder. The colors are so soft. Love the fruit ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What another gorgeous pot holder Heather!! :) Happy new week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those old vintage patterns. So nice to recapture the past....xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love seeing these wonderful old vintage potholder patterns come to life in your capable hands. Each one is so beautiful, and no we will not get tired of seeing them! The fruit soup sounds like it would be really tasty at a summertime brunch. Or maybe frozen into popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mother used to make something very like that fruit soup ... it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW...color me impressed!!!! Your workmanship is amazing! Ice fruit soup...yum...I think that just might make the Summer menu : ) Sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for leaving your comments! It truly makes my day. I will always do my very best to reply or answer any questions. If you are a no-reply blogger, you can leave your email so I can reply or answer your questions. Have a blessed day!