Wednesday, August 28, 2013

maple leaves

Happy Sweet Day!
Hope that you are having a wonderful week so far and are enjoying the last of these summery days! Thank you for all your sweet comments on my hexie flower! 
Well, the vintage maple leaf quilt is finished, and I am so happy with how it turned out! It is a smaller quilt, but perfect for hanging or to throw on the couch for a little fall touch. I had originally planned to hand quilt, but decided on machine quilting diagonal lines to keep it simple, and to save all my hand quilting energy for my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. :)  
 For the back I used two vintage peachy-orange calico prints, which I love how pretty those colors are together with the dark binding.
 Since these blocks were vintage and different sizes, I did my best not to cut off the tips of the leaves, which did happen on some, but that's okay it makes it more vintagey! ;) 
 And, for the binding I had this acorn polka dot reproduction print that I have been wanting to use since last fall, so it was the perfect touch for the quilt! 
A sweet quilt ready to bring some fall into my home and maybe keep my legs cozy on those cool fall nights!
I was in the maple leaf mood, so I decided to start my fall decorating with these pretty floral maple leaf coasters. 
 I choose some fall-ish floral prints and used a cream felt for the backing. 
 I used some wool crewel yarn that I recently bought and did a blanket stitch around the edging to help make the leaves pop a little, and I just love how sweet they look with the stitching.
 I was even thinking these would be cute to just decorate as doilies or in a fall wreath. I'm excited that I have two fall projects marked off the list! 

And, if you would fancy yourself a pretty set of floral maple leaf coasters, I have just listed these three sets below in my shoppe!! (sold out)
Thank you for making these coasters sell out so quickly! I will be restocking some more early next week and I am always happy to do custom orders, so if you would like a set in your favorite fall colors or for me to remake one of these sets for you, just send me an email! ;) 
 Now back to my hexie flowers and 16-patch quilt blocks!! 
Wishing you a beautiful and crafty week!! 



30 comments:

  1. these coasters are absolutely fantastic!!!!
    xxxxx ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I just don't know where to start! Everything is so pretty. The quilt is gorgeous and the coasters are so cute... Great job!
    Have a lovely day, Haafner

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your quilt and your pretty maple leaf coasters - what a fab idea!
    Wishing you a happy, crafty week too,
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that quilt is quite lovely :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fantastic are those maple leave coasters! Love your wall hanging. Another wonderful post to share with my quilting mother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl! Those are SO pretty! You are really creating some gorgeousness! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Maple leaf quilt turned out so well!!! An what great idea for coasters!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt turned out lovely. A agree about the contrasting colors on the edging. It really makes it pop. The coaster are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt and coasters are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how your quilt came out!! Such lovely and soft looking colors! A perfect touch for fall! Love your maple leaf coasters!! Those are gorgeous! I was looking on pinterest and seen something like these that I was wanting to try :) And your mug is so pretty too! :) Happy day to you Heather! Happy stitching! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. What inspiration for fall! But you always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Heather, the quilt is stunning and the coasters are adorable! It's always a joy visiting you :) Enjoy your day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Floral leaves! I love them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, the coasters are all sold-out :(
    Beautiful projects, Heather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heather your maple leaf quilt turned out so soft and pretty. And I love your blanket stitched leaf coasters. So pretty!! I saw some similar ones made in the shape of a Christmas tree and had thought of making them as Christmas gifts for friends, using my cookie cutters as design patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heather! Your inspiration is amazing! And I love the acorn print.
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello lovely Heather. Loving you fall quilt, it will most certainly bring an autumnal feel to your home. It looks so calm and beautiful. Such a simple, yet beautiful quilt. What a great idea to make some sweet coasters, I love them, they certainly ooze charm. Sending you much love and wishes for happy quilting lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely quilt and such sweet coasters! You are inspiring me to get to work on my projects when I get home from work this evening. If only there was time in the day for all the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heather, the quilt turned out so pretty! You are going to enjoy it this fall. Your coasters are absolutely adorable! I love the fabric you chose for them! Have a nice day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your maple leaf quilt turned out gorgeous. Boy I am so ready for fall hopefully it will get cooler here. What a great idea for coasters. WoW girlee you sold out fast. That is awesome.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are one very creative young lady. =D All so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your maple leaf quilt is lovely, and the binding is the perfect fabric! I love those sweet maple leaf coasters too......what an adorable idea, Heather!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. you really are on a quilting roll at the moment!! Wow Heather, I absolutely adore this maple quilt. You've really inspired me to COPY YOU exactly and make one just the same!! :D have a lovely week, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Heather, I see that you continue to create beautiful things. Have been in the States settling my son in at college but am back home now and trying to get back into the swing of things. I hope your family is well. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my Heather, you have been busy, you really put me to shame! I love those cute coasters, the fabrics are just perfect - they will bring a lovely splash of autumn colour to your home :)
    Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a gentle colour palette in your quilt ... I love it!

    Hope you're having a fab weekend Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a pretty maple leaf quilt for fall!! That would make a great gift as well as those leaf coasters!! I can see that quilt laying on a porch swing or glider for fall! Those coasters are adorable! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  28. omigosh, i LOVE the coasters and need to get some when you restock! they are so darling, as is your mini quilt. have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well, what cute things! Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for leaving your comments! It truly makes my day. I will always do my very best to reply or answer any questions. If you are a no-reply blogger, you can leave your email so I can reply or answer your questions. Have a blessed day!